“Parents, remember that now is your opportunity.
You may feel yourself harassed as you struggle through the days with children,
but you are living the happiest and most golden years of your life.
As you tuck them into their beds at night, please be kind to them.
Let them hear a kind voice amid all the angry, vile voices that they
will hear throughout life.
Let there be an anchor to which these little ones can turn when all else fails.
The Lord help you do so…” ~Harold B. Lee
I had to steal this from my friend Erin's blog. It really made me stop and think. I am terrible at putting my kids to bed and not being a very nice mom about it. I take out my long day and my need for them to be in their rooms so I can have some quiet time take over way to often. I'm going to strive to be better about the goodnight routine and remember that they are only little for a little while!
4 comments:
Funny I was going to steal it too! LOL! It IS a great reminder though since I definitely struggle with the same thing
Thanks for sharing. That's a good thing to work on for me as well. Thank you.
I struggle with this too. Thanks for the reminder!
Oh honey - we are in the same boat. That's exactly the way I feel about bedtime too. UGH! Here's the change.
Post a Comment