If you're listening, if you're awake to the poignant beauty of the world, your heart breaks regularly. In fact, your heart is made to break; it's purpose is to burst open again and again so that it can hold ever more wonders. ~ Andrew Harvey
Monday, August 4, 2008
Bragging Rights!
I am using the "mom" card to brag about my kids! We just got home from the pool and I can't believe that my kids are part human, part fish! Austin, the little dare devil, is diving into 9 feet deep water and having no problems surfacing and swimming to the side!! Holy crap! Karlee, the other dare devil, was showing me her skills and doing full on somersaults in the water! I just can't believe it! I think I was 14 before I was brave enough to do that kind of stuff!! My kids just amaze me every day with there ideas and bravery! Way to go you two!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I haven't even been brave enough to put my kids into swimming lessons! By the way, Austin looks so precious in his white clothes for baptism.
WOW! I don't think I was ever brave enough to do that stuf!
That is how my younger kids are in the water. THEY'RE ALL CRAZY!!! How fun....and congrats to Austin on his baptism.
Wow!!! They are brave! Have you had them in swimming lessons, or do they just naturally know how to swim??? My ben is a daredevil and 'thinks' he can swim, but he can't! So he jumps in the water and then can't surface! I even put him in the beginner swimming lesson, but we are going to have to take a few more classes before he figures it out!
I am going to put Paxton in swim lessons next summer...when we can afford it...LOL!
I completely understand the amazing kids thing!! How fun that they are so comfortable in the water - you should definitely take advantage of that (maybe you have 2 future olympic swimmers :))
Austin and Jason look angelic in their whites (but I'm sure only Austen was truly angelic -lol) Sorry we couldn't be there.
And ... love your craft. Something I am just never good at :(
Post a Comment