Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Heffalumps, floods, and spaghetti!

I tell ya, this week has been a busy one! We are finally getting the drain fixed to my stairwell to the salon! Yay! It has been filling up with water, especially during the rain storms we have had lately, and now it won't happen! A couple weeks ago it was to the threshold and if we hadn't caught it when we did it would have flooded my salon! AAGH!

This is how they are fixing it! They are digging into my window well and adding pump to get it out and send the water some place else.



What a crazy mess! I have also had my nieces here for 3 days to help out their mom and dad. Jason's brother Darin has Lymphoma cancer again, and they have had a lot of doctor's to go see. So to help out, the girls have been here playing and entertaining Karlee! We had spaghetti last night for dinner and the little one Devin looked like this......

I was laughing so hard! It cracks me up when little ones eat spaghetti! They are SO messy when they are done! Then this morning I was busy paying the bills, ugh, and our little neighbor Jaden came over to play with Karlee. Today is his birthday and his mom was telling me about the parade for the circus coming to town at the gateway this afternoon. So, I hurried and jumped in the shower so we could meet them up there and see the "Heffalumps" and clowns! Karlee was telling me to "Hurry up! I want to see the Heffalumps!" while I was getting ready too! So funny! As we are leaving, the car wouldn't start! Dead battery! So I called Jason to figure out how to get it into neutral so that I could just take the explorer. I said that I would put the car back into the garage. Jason didn't think I could do it.

And ya know what? He was right! I don't know who I was fooling!




This is Danielle and me!

And here is the birthday boy Jaden with his best friend Karlee! It is so cute how much they just love each other! It was such a fun day!

5 comments:

Joe and Aubrey said...

Sounds like you've had a busy couple of days. looks like tons of fun!!!

Brianna said...

Heffalumps huh?.......LOL!

The Bronson Bunch said...

Don't you know your Winnie the Pooh?? It is in his dreams and there is also a Heffalump movie!

LouandAngela said...

My, Jason's family has had a lot of tough things to deal with lately. I'm sorry to hear about his brother.

Your niece is darling! What a funny shot.

Looks like a great time at the Gateway.

Erin said...

Oh that would have been so much fun. Kyle would have loved it!