Thursday, September 11, 2008

Missing a tooth?

Austin came home from school yesterday with his front tooth very loose and on top of the other front tooth.

So, I convinced him it would be a good idea to get it pulled out so it would stop hurting. He decided he wanted to try and pull it out before I got a shot at it. I love pulling teeth!!!

This is him trying it on himself! Funny face huh?!? He didn't have much success so he gave in and let me give it a try. He said it hurt too much when I tried and I said "It's ok. Take a break from it and we can try again later." We did homework and made dinner. As we were eating, I made corn on the cob without thinking of my little man's tooth, so Austin was having a hard time eating his corn. So, I got a sharp knife and started cutting it off the cob. He wanted a turn, and I took advantage of that and said " You can have a turn if you let me try again to get your tooth out." He had to think about that one for a bit and finally decided that he would let me have another shot at it. He finished eating his dinner and it was my turn!! (evil laugh) I had to chase him down a little and catch him first! How dare he change his mind! So wrapped my legs around him got the tissue ready and pulled. He cried and screamed and it was already over! I had to say "Austin, Look!" He looked and said "Oh! It's over?" I laughed and had him go rinse his mouth out and then took this picture.


Do you like how he still has food on his face? And look at that sad tear in his eye! He is such a tough kid to let his mom torment him like that!

8 comments:

Joe and Aubrey said...

That's so funny! by the way I love your blog background.

Schroeder's in a NUT SHELL! said...

Oh my gosh...being a mom can have it's perks!! That was so funny, brought back lots of funny memories of our 4 kids and losing all their teeth....I wish there was blogging when I was a young mom...

Sonnie and Ryan said...

You really like to pull teeth?? Can I bring my kids over in a couple of years when they need their loose teeth pulled??? You are the coolest mom ever!

Brianna said...

That is seriously the funniest picture! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

BTW--your blog DOES look fab, how did you ever manage to do it all by yourself?? =D

Whitney said...

I pinned Hunter down and pulled out her first tooth and she is mad at me to this day. She won't let me near her mouth :(

Sweet Girl said...

You are the meanest mom ever!!! I'll send Emery over when her teeth are loose!

The Thurber's said...

I love it! You are so funny.

Tiff said...

That is hilarious! Makes me a little queasy... I hope I have a stronger stomach by the time my kids loose their teeth! (Maybe I'll just have to call you! :) )