Monday, April 19, 2010

A Beautiful Disaster

I can't even begin to describe the feelings I had yesterday. I was a disaster. Being released from a calling you love is nothing short of difficult. I have been in Young Women's as the 1st counselor for almost 2 years now. I was shocked when I was told that I was being released due to a new calling. I knew Jason was getting something new because of the changes that were made to our Relief Society (the Elder's Quorum Pres. wife was called as R.S. Pres. which meant the EQ being released) causing a ripple effect in the ward. I never, ever expected that ripple to affect me! I didn't let it really set in until yesterday when over the pulpit I was officially released. My girls were shocked. I don't really know what I will do with out their bright, smiling faces every single week. They have taught me so much that I don't feel I could ever repay them. The tolerance for each other, the compassion they had, the willingness to do service, to just love whomever need some, these were my girls. I will miss them terribly. Besides the girls, I served with 6 other fantastic women for this period of time. While 2 of them are released along with me, the rest are staying. These women taught me so much. I know I've shared with some of you my struggles with being in this calling and how I felt alone. It's amazing how the Lord hears you and helps you see the brighter side of things. I feel that I have overcome the obstacle that perhaps was meant for me to learn. I wasn't there for myself, to become or have best friends of my age group. I was there for the girls. I guess that's why it was time for me to move on. I learned and grew more than I ever thought possible. These 6 women will be my friends forever. They are absolutely amazing. Their testimonies, their examples, their love for the work will were doing will for ever be a part of me. I am so grateful to them. That they were my friends even though I stood back for awhile to find my place for myself. The girls I served will have a special place in my heart forever. They are amazing. Carly~ the sweetest, most thoughtful girl you will ever meet. Cindy~ can put a smile on anyone's face. She truly lights up a room. Lindsie~ so talented and so beautiful. Sam~ her smile is infectious! and the sarcasm can't be beat! Amber~ Sweet, and fun and bouncy! I loved her enthusiasm for life! Samantha Jones~ the star crazed boy lover Tayler~ her trusty side-kick I will never forget these girls and their testimonies. I feel like the luckiest girl to have served and loved these awesome young women. They will be truly missed!

7 comments:

Kristi Amasio said...

You made me cry! I love you and again you are my friend and because your not in this calling doesn't change that. You will be missed dearly every week though and I hate that you won't be in there with us anymore. Love you tons!!

Anonymous said...

What a great tribute to what serving faithfully adds to your life. Thanks for a great post!

The Thurber's said...

I am sure those girls will miss you too! They were lucky to have you!

Sarah Lee said...

You know I totally understand on this subject. When Sean was called to YM I acted like I was mad (well, part of me was), but really I was so sad because I knew we couldn't both do it. It was the most rewarding (and FUN!) calling i've ever had. I know that my testimony grew so much also. I'm so happy you got to experience it too! But hey, Activities committee, c'mon think of the damage you can do? ha ha.

Shirley Westenskow said...

So what are the new callings?

The Bronson Bunch said...

We are the new Ward Activity Committee Chairs. It will be fun I think but a lot of work!

Rachel said...

Your post sounds exactly like mine when I was released from YW! I had the exact same calling for 3 years and it was heart breaking to be released. I still miss the girls, but I know that it was time for someone else to step in. Hang in there--those girls will ALWAYS remember you and what you did for them!