Sunday, June 27, 2010

Teacher Thank you's and a cake for Dad

For Father's Day Jason wanted a cake for dessert. He thought it would be fun to watch the kids try to make the cake all by themselves. It was so hard not to jump in and help! They did an amazing job and it was a lot of fun to watch them and take pictures as they went. I think I was even more impressed that there wasn't a huge mess made for me to clean up. Austin took the role of head chef and read the direction's and Karlee was his assistant. They thought it was so cool to make it!




They definitely deserve 2 thumbs up! It was delicious and made Jason's day!

Now for what I did for the kids school teacher's to thank them for a great year at school. Austin gave his teacher the A&W rootbeer and wrote a thank you on the back of the card to tell his teacher how much he liked him. Karlee was so excited to give her teacher the M&M's and the card she helped make. My kids really had some good teacher's this year. It made for a much nicer school year than what we have had in the past.

8 comments:

Hendricksonblog said...

She's CRAFTY. Love the Beastie Boys.
Just kidding cute stuff, I just do gift cards. I'm boring like that.
Oh yeah you should see my hair........HELP!!!
It's been a while. MY BAD.

Susan Catmull said...

Cute teacher gifts. Love the thoughts. I usually get crafty but way to busy this year and might follow April's lead and get the last two teachers a gift card.

Kristen said...

Where ever did you come up with that root beer idea. So cute! ;) I LOVE the m&m one. Where did you get the jar? That would be perfect for the 1st grade teacher we had this year.

Brianna said...

Thats a good idea to have the kids make the cake all by themselves. What a fun mom you are and knowing you I am kinda surprised you were able to handle not jumping in ;) I should have Paxton do that sometime....in our quest to up his self confidence quota haha

Katherine said...

Cute ideas... I may have to steal them!

Mom of three ♥ said...

Those are very cute teacher gifts!

Rachel said...

What a fun idea on the cake! I'll have to try that!
Way cute teacher gifts! I may have to steal your ideas for next year. (:

The Harding Hive said...

What a creative girl you are. Very cute!