Friday, July 8, 2011

What a week!

Well we did it. We sold the old Focus Wagon. I wasn't sad to see it go. It was an ok car but I was never in love with it. So we said goodbye Monday to the car and "Hello" to the cash in hand. Car shopping S-U-C-K-S! Why is it that Jason and I always seem to sell our car or need a new car in the DEAD of summer and the only other car we get to drive has ZERO A/C! I don't know. Some day we'll figure it out. Poor Blake suffered the most I think. That kid has slept more today than he has all week. Though I'm sure it helped that we were house bound so he was actually able to take a real nap. Any way after many long days of searching we found the perfect car. It's a beaut! We can take 2 extra kids with us now which means we will hopefully be getting some placements from foster care soon. After all that's the reason we decided to upgrade. As if the dead heat and car shopping wasn't enough this week I threw my back out. I have NEVER, EVER been in so much pain before in my life. I wanted to D-I-E!! Thank heavens for good friends and family that are there in a moments notice to help you out. If it wasn't for them I may be still lying on Cindy's bathroom floor in excruciating pain. I also have to say how grateful I am for priesthood blessings. I don't think I would have survived the night with out it. I could hardly move with out the wind being knocked out of me and at one point while Jason was helping me to stand I was so close to passing out because of the pain. I'm so glad that there is a Heavenly Father who will show mercy on you when you are in dire need of help. I also have to praise the chiropractor that I got to see twice in one day to fix my back. Who knew pinching your sciatic nerve would hurt so flipping much?! I am feeling 75% better as of right now. I'm hoping that by the end of tomorrow I can be at 100% again. I have too much to do to be laid up feeling sorry for myself. All in all it's been an eventful week and I'm glad to be able to start a new, less hot (because we have a/c now), and less painful week!

4 comments:

Mom of three ♥ said...

Glad you found a car! What did you get? Sorry about your back, that sucks!

Kristen said...

Ummm, so what did you get and where's the picture? I hope you're feeling better!

Cydnee said...

Having your back go out on you can be such a frustrating set-back. I'm glad you are starting to feel better.

Sarah Lee Cakes said...

suck it up wuss! ha, yeah, right, i'm kidding I don't think i've ever seen you in pain like that. Glad you're all back to your (semi) normal self and that you guys got your new ride.