Two weeks ago tomorrow I drove the kids to Provo to see their Great Grandma. Sadly she has never met Blake. She is almost 87 and can't drive up to Salt Lake by herself and life gets crazy when you have kids. Not that I should be making excuses for not visiting my Grandmother. I feel terrible that Blake was almost 10 months old before she got to meet him in person. She was so excited when I called her to let her know we wanted to come visit. She has been really lonely lately. I need to make it a priority to visit her more.
The kids thought (Karlee thought) her house was amazing. Grandma has a lot of neat things to look at. Karlee was amazed at the old pictures, jewelry and rooms in her house. Grandma even has an old brush and hand mirror set that Karlee adored. Great Grandma took us out to lunch and afterwards showed us some of her picture albums. It was so fun to see her. Blake even thought her nick nacks were awesome. In fact he liked them so much he even broke one of them. Man those babies move fast when you're not watching them close!
I also need to document that Blake and Great Grandma share the same birthday! Grandma thinks that is the best part. Having a great grand baby to share your birthday with.
| Here are the kids with Great Grandma. |
| Grandma holding Blake. |
| Karlee wanted a turn with the baby on her lap. Ha ha! |
3 comments:
Cute pictures! I really need to do the same with my kids and my Grandma and take them to see her more often! Good reminder.
Jess I know Im stating the obvious but seriously visit her as much as you can! When my grandma was in the hospital I went to visit her and she had told us (my mom and I) how lonely she was and she cried when we left too and we promised we'd visit her again soon. She died a few days later. You never truly appreciate how precious time is until you dont have it anymore!!
remove all the people from the photos and you would still know it was a grandmas house ('
Post a Comment