The sunsets were never disappointing on the ocean. Always beautiful. I loved standing on our veranda and watching the sky change colors. So peaceful.
This is what I woke up to this morning. Gorgeous huh?!
Jason's favorite thing to do was get up early to go run in the ships workout room and watch the sun rise. I preferred to sleep in. Who can blame me? I had no one to get off to school, so I took advantage! Today's stop was Honduras and it was not disappointing. It was beautiful. The foliage was so green and went right to the ocean.
Someone's private beach. So cool!
They had a couple of these ship wrecks in the bay that you could snorkel to and see the creatures of the sea.
If you click on this picture to see the full deal you will see that it says Black Pearl clear as day on the back of it! I thought it was just a cool pirate looking ship. Little did I know it was a famous one!
Sadly it didn't stay long enough for us to get off our ship to get a closer look :(
They had 2 trails you could take to the beach area. One was paved and the other they called their nature trail. We decided to take the nature trail to see if we could find some cool animals or birds. We did see some really neat butterflies but they were flying around so fast we couldn't get a clear picture of them. They were black with a bright red stripe going vertically down each wing with a white stripe next to the red one.
Some random statue they had on the trail.
You could take the sky tram and not walk but they charged you heavily for it. $12 for a day pass! Um, no thanks. Call me cheap but I'm pretty sure I'm not 80 and can walk just fine! Ha ha ha!
This beach was lined with rows and rows of these sun bathing chairs. This is only a small portion of them too. It was nice to not have to pay to rent them!
Jason went snorkeling with some of the guy's we were cruising with. I was too chicken. I kinda wish I would have but it still freaks me out. I'm not a strong swimmer and while you don't have to be to snorkel I still don't trust myself.... Jason said it was amazing. He saw so many different fish. A couple he talked about were a needle fish and a tiger fish.
Do you see whats on these rocks?
Here maybe?
Or here??
They are tiny crabs. They were fun to watch. I took these pictures and had the kids count how many they could see. This was a good and fun day. We got a lot of sun. Actually swam in the water because it was pretty warm on the beach. I got sunburnt on my arms it was so hot. But it was so nice to be able to soak up the rays, cool off in the ocean, and warm up again on the beach. So relaxing. They also had a lot of fun little shops here. We got Austin a really cool pocket knife that I inadvertently tried to take on the plane back home with us! Oops, luckily we just checked in the bag and it made it home fine. Karlee we got a purse made of wood. It's very unique and the girl even burned Karlee's name into the wood when we bought it. We got Blake some maraca's that he of course loves shaking and banging around. All in all a great day!
2 comments:
That statue is one ugly lady!!!
So you were afraid of snorkeling but not the giant sting rays???
Post a Comment