2 weeks ago Jason had an abscess tooth. It started on Friday after work and got progressively worse and worse. Saturday night he got a blessing to help with the pain and it seemed to help for a few hours, but by 11:00 that night he was not doing well. I had fallen asleep and he got up and went into the family room to not disturb me. Sweet! I felt so bad though, I woke up at 4:30 that morning and I couldn't believe he had fallen asleep. He woke up shortly after I had checked on him in such terrible pain! He was in tears and I am sure if the pliars were readily available he would've pulled the tooth himself! So by 5:00 in the morning I was online trying to find an emergency dentist. That was quite a feat! I swear dentists have the most lax working hours! Most of them only work Monday-Thursday. What?!?! Well, I finally found a dentist that for a $285 fee would meet us at his office at 7:30 in the morning to help us out! The best money we have spent on Jason's behalf! This is a picture of him after the shot of novocaine! He was finally able to smile because the pain was instantly gone!
The dentist took an x-ray to make sure he was working on the right tooth and sure enough it was infected enough that the tooth needed to be pulled. 

13 comments:
Remind me not to have that experience any time soon! That sounds awful! Poor Jason!
Oh my gosh,that is horrible. I am glad it is all over. Poor Jason.
Wow! That is painful just hearing about it!! That sounds like something I NEVER want to experience!!
I worked for a dentist before and I believe you. We had one such patient who was 6ft 7in, Big muscle guy who sat in the chair and cried it was so increadibly painful.
Love the crooked hill-billy smile.
Youch! That would suck big time... I'm glad you got your sleep in though Jess, we would hate for you to go without that! Hopefully Jason is feeling better!
Poor guy - he looks miserable! Glad he's doing better!
Oh good heavens! I just hate dealing with dentistry crap. I had a horrible tooth ache a few months ago and it was over a holiday weekend and had to take percocets to get by until the freakin dentist was in. Glad he got it taken care of.
That looks rough. I hate the dentist.
Hey Jess! Talk about a blast from the past! I'm glad you hunted me down, now I can keep tabs on you and your cute family!
I can't believe he let you take pictures of him! Poor guy! :)
Oh gees! I'm so scared to have an absessed tooth. Adam has had one and says it is the worst pain he has ever experienced.
Post a Comment