Friday, August 13, 2010

I want to remember this!

I just wanted to write this memory down so I don't forget it. It's neither here nor there but it's something to remember. Jason has been working a lot lately, a lot! 6 days a week and 13-16 hour days. So it's been up to me to hang out with the kids and do the household thing on my own. This last Saturday while Jason was at work and I was done with my own job I decided that we needed to do a little back to school shopping. As we were out and about I decided that I'd go and visit my Mom and Dad and spend some time there. Well of course we decided to go out to dinner. What's hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa with out a good meal right?! Karlee wanted to go in the grandparents car, Emma their cousin was with them, so it was just Austin and I in my car. Austin is finally old enough to sit in the front seat! So he took shot gun while I maneuvered our way to dinner. As kids and games in the car go they have been playing a lot of 'slug bug', 'bruiser cruiser', and 'jeep beep-beep'. So of course Austin wanted to play it with me as we were driving. I'm not sure who won but it was so much fun to have that one on one time with him. It doesn't happen very often that it is just him and I spending time together. We laughed and ouched as we would give each other dead arms during the drive. I just didn't want to forget this time with him. He is an amazing kid and I'm so glad to be his mom!

6 comments:

Kerri said...

He is an amazing kid, and so lovable. Lucky You.

Rachel said...

That is so awesome! What a great time to remember.

Sonnie and Ryan said...

I bet Austin loved that time as much as you did! Ps what is "jeep beep beep" and "bruiser cruiser"!! I feel so out of the loop!

The Bronson Bunch said...

It's just like Slug bug only when you see a PT Cruiser its bruiser cruiser and for Jeeps you hit them twice and say beep beep.

Danielle said...

how sweet Jess! that was a stop and think moment!

Danielle said...

http://www.madmariephotography.com/