Thursday, August 26, 2010

Moments

As I'm sitting here in a quiet house I can hear the school bell ring and I think "Geez I miss my kids." I can't believe that school has already started again. Where did my summer go? We had such a great time as a family the last few days of summer vacation together. I will start with Thursday of last week. As I think most of us know Jason has been working an insane amount of hours at work for a huge project his company was working on. Well Thursday it was finished and guess who came home early from work?! You got it, Jace made it home in time to come with us to Austin's football practice. We had a special surprise for the kids on Friday and niether of us could wait to tell them. Jason had arranged to take Friday off so that we could take the kids to Lagoon. They have been asking all summer to go and luckily I got some sweet $24 per person discount tickets to go. So, Friday morning as the kids are getting up and eating breakfast Austin asked if Dad went to work. Well I told a little white lie and said yes he had to. Well a little while later Dad comes out of his bedroom and says....."What should we do today? I decided I'm not going to work!" Of course this surprised the kids and they were so excited to throw out idea's of what we could do for the day. It took a few try's but finally Austin said Lagoon. Jason said ok and the kids went wild with excitement! Here are a few pictures from our fun day at Lagoon! 

In line for the Rocket! Karlee's first time. She loved it!

Icee Red tongue's!
All the kids. Austin is apparently too cool to smile!

Karlee and Allison on one of my  favorite rides as a kid!

No comments: