Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween!

We had quite the eventful week. The holiday started with a preschool Halloween party for Karlee. She got to dress up sing songs, make a witch and then come outside to do a trunk-or-treat with the mom's and dad's. And would you know it, I forgot my camera! The kids looked so cute and Karlee had a blast!
Then the BIG night came!! The kids were so very excited to go trick-or-treating! Their costumes were a lot of fun this year too! Austin finally broke out of the superhero groove and went as a SCARY Alien! He had a lot of fun being a more frightful creature this year.
Karlee's costume was so much fun for me this year! She decided she wanted to be a fairy and we found this cute costume at Walmart. (I know....Walmart.....) Anyway, my friend Danielle gave me some WAY cute ideas to "embellish" her costume.

And here are my two little "monsters" all ready to go!

It was such a AWESOME night to go out because the weather was FABULOUS!! We were trick-or-treating for over an hour! Last year I think we made it maybe 30mins!!! Thanks to our neighbors for going with us and making the night even better! The kids' friends Gabriel, Nathan, Jaden and Ashli came with us. We had a hard time keeping up with those boys! They couldn't wait for the little one's to catch up! The kids got so much candy we don't need to buy any for a YEAR!!! After the candy madness we went to a Halloween party hosted by Terry and Tori. We had a really good time! The kids ran around and worked off some of their sugar high and the grown-ups played some fun Halloween games. What a fun night!

4 comments:

Sweet Girl said...

Cute kids! I love your poem on the top of your page!

Schroeder's in a NUT SHELL! said...

Wasn't this a great Halloween!! The weather was perfect and your kids looked great!!

The Harding Hive said...

Ditto on the fabulous Halloween weather. It was awesome. Your kids looked so cute. I really miss you guys.

Joe and Aubrey said...

I love their costumes, they both look so cute! I hope they got lots and lots of candy!