Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hangin' tough Christmas lights!

This weekend Jason was sweet enough to put up our Christmas lights! I was so excited when he offered. Last year we had just moved in and we were still "unpacking" I guess you could say. This is my handsome, bearded hubby hard at work!
This is the house all lit up! Nothing too fancy, just simple and classy I would say!

Later.........
was one of the BEST girls night out I have ever had! This is my posse! From the left Erin, myself, Brianna and Kerri! We have been friends since elementary school and still try and get together as often as we can!

For this particular get together we did something that most of you would think was ridiculous and obsurd but we had a BLAST!! You see we have been fans of this particular group since the 6th grade. We all had our favorite's and when we found out they were doing a reunion tour we couldn't help but jump on the band wagon and get tickets to go again! We went to the New Kids on the Block concert at the E-center! Wahoo!

There is the clan again! Me, Kerri, Kerri's friend Shannon, Erin and Brianna! Waiting as patiently as we can for the BIG show!

I can hardly stand it! It was so exciting that we all couldn't help but scream like we were 12 all over again!
The giant button on my shirt is from back in the day, 6th grade! I dug it out just for this occasion! I still have the trading cards that NKOTB had and books and a VHS movie of them! I can't bring myself to throw it away! Too nostalgic and funny to give up!


Apparently I need a new camera, the picture's I tried to take of the concert didn't turn out at all! But I can't delete them!!!
I have to tell you that NKOTB was my first concert ever at the age of 12, my Mom took me and my sister and I remember so much about that day! I still have the ticket stub from that concert and I plan on keeping this one too! We were out of control singing and screaming then and we did the same last night! It was hilarious! We couldn't hear anything after the concert our ears were ringing SO much and I am amazed I had a voice today because, did I mention I did a ridiculous amount of screaming last night!? It was great and I would do it again in a heartbeat!

13 comments:

Kori said...

I CANNOT believe you went to the NKOTB concert. That is hilarious? Was it like the good old days? The Christmas lights look great, but I hope you don't turn them on until after Thanksgiving! :) :) :)

Sweet Girl said...

Hahahaha I can't believe that you went to that concert!!! You are to funny! What a nice hubby you have- to Deck your Halls! lol See ya in a few days-(I know you are counting down the minutes!)

Whitney said...

HaHa! this does not surprise me one little bit from you. sounds like so much fun.

The Thurber's said...

I love it!
I can't believe you are still friends with people from elementary school...that is great!
I love the simple lights...good work

Brianna said...

Jess we are the coolest kats for going to see NKOTB! We're representin' yo! =)

jen1313 said...

Awesome! I loved the NKOTB too back in the day and still enjoy their songs.
The Christmas lights do look simple but classy. Looks great!

Sonnie and Ryan said...

You are so funny!!!! I can't believe you went to their concert! How does Uncle Jason feel about NKOTB??;)
Your christmas lights look great!

Kerri said...

That one of you and me has to be one of my favorites. What a great time. I was jamming to them on my way into work this morning.
Too bad we can not do that every girl’s night out.

Kristi Amasio said...

How fun! I heard the concert was great! How was Natasha Bedingfield? I love her! Your house looks beautiful. You always know how to decorate and make it look beautiful for the holidays!

Erin said...

Seriously such a great time. That night will definitely be filed away as a favorite!

Cyd said...

I loved reading about your girl's night out. So fun! I think everyone should walk down memory lane with their girlfriends whenever they get a chance and NKOTB seemed like a perfect chance for you guys to do so.

Sarah Lee said...

I'm with Kori... hope you don't turn them on until after Thanksgivng... someone in my hood already has theirs on... spaz. They look good, i'm jealous. I don't think we'll have any this year :( When we moved we went through ours and so many were broken they weren't worth keeping. and i'm just not up for investing that much money in lights this year!
NKOTB, looks like you had fun... but nah, for me. Did I tell you Celeste was going (or went) too. You geeks!

Schroeder's in a NUT SHELL! said...

We drove pass the E Center last week about the time everybody was going to the NKOTB........Kristi was cracking up that they were making a come back....little did we know you were there rooting them on!!! I'll have to tell her!!! Funny girls....