How I love this time of year! Baseball season officially has started, we get to stay home and listen to the Prophet and his disciples speak. It couldn't get any better than this! I looked especially forward to this conference. Wednesday night for YW we talked about the importance of conference and I gave the girls a challenge to complete. I am hoping to get a good response when I see them next week! Friday night we went to the Temple to prepare for this weekend. I am so glad that we did. I love the peace you get from doing a session at the Temple!
Saturday we started the day with snow and baseball opening ceremonies. We had to be at the ball field at 7:45 for pictures and surprise, surprise they cancelled them because of the snow. We decided to take the kids to breakfast before the ceremonies started at 9:00. Austin said that we needed to go to Carls Jr. every year before opening ceremonies because it is so good. Funny kid! Then we headed back to the ball field and froze for an hour and a half while they finished setting up and talked FOREVER!!! Seriously, when did the men get so long winded?? Sheesh! Unfortunately they cancelled Austin's first game of the season, we were disappointed but glad to get into a warm car! Afterwards we decided to get the rest of Austin's gear for the season and visit Grandma and Grandpa!! They were happy to see us. We went to lunch with them and then headed home for the second session of conference and some good R-and-R!
Today we shared breakfast with some old friends and watched the first session of conference together. Love a big breakfast!! We came home for the second session and the kids did a conference packet I printed off for them from the computer. They did really good!! Now we are getting ready to color easter eggs for family night!!! I can't wait to see what the kids do with their eggs! Pictures to follow!!
3 comments:
I love conference weekend too.
Conference weekend IS great! Add your childs baseball to it and conference weekend becomes absolutely fantastic!!
Wasn't it AWESOME. I loved every second of it!! Didn't you love how they showed pictures of Monson during the hymn "we thank the o god for a prophet" Wow, that was powerful.
Post a Comment