Monday, June 23, 2008

It's official!

It is official....... I am now busier than I ever thought I could be. You know when you move into a new ward and you hope you can stay under the radar for a while and not do a whole lot? Well the radar has found me and I am a little overwhelmed! The Bishop has asked me to be the 1st counselor in the Young Women's.......... what a fun and crazy place to be! And, talk about baptism by fire! We have girls camp and trek coming up! I am grateful that I don't have to plan camp this year! I can just go and enjoy getting to know the girls and helping out. So, if you need me anytime soon I will not be available on Wednesday nights or Sunday afternoons for a while! I am excited and scared all at the same time. I was just in the primary as a chorister for only a month and I really liked being there!! I guess I was having too much fun and the Lord thought I needed a good challenge. GAME ON!

11 comments:

Meagan + Michael said...

hey Jess, it's Meagan, Dave's daughter. How are you guys doing? It sounds like you doing great! If you want to look at my blog I need you to email me so I can send you an invitation. meggiesue32@hotmail.com Keep in touch!

Tiff said...

Jess, I have to say... hahaha! :) At least I didn't know before you did! j/k. We are going on Trek this Thursday (wish me luck!)! You will do great as usual! :) The girls are lucky to have you!

Hannah Price said...

I had that calling and I loved it! I never felt younger than when I was in YW. And how fun - you get to go to camp and on Trek. The second time I went on Trek, I wanted Steve to come too - so they had us be Ma's and Pa's. I'm slightly envious - I am in the RS presidency here - and I feel OLD! lol

Sonnie and Ryan said...

What a great calling! You are going to love it, and the girls are going to love you!!

Erin said...

Been there, done that and bought the t-shirt. ;) You will LOVE it!! I am seriously so excited for you. BTW- I'm in YW too! Lets swap ideas.

Susan Catmull said...

Congrats. It will be a great place for you. But be warned with Young Women there is lots and lots of DRAMA. You'll love them and I'm sure you won't ever want to be released.

Joe and Aubrey said...

Hey Jess, I'm glad you found me. How are things?

LouandAngela said...

Hey Jessica! I'm happy to have you "blog stalking" me! Thanks for letting me return the favor! Sounds like you guys are enjoying life in your new home, ward, etc. Good luck with the new calling. You'll be awesome!

The Thurber's said...

Hooray! Jessica, I love the young women program and I am so excited for those precious girls to have you as a leader. They are going to LOVE you. I just got home from camp...good luck :) We are going on the trek in a few weeks...I hope I survive

The Harding Hive said...

You will be so great in YW. Although, I thought you would be so great as the primary chorister. You are the type of person that would be great at whatever. That will come in handy when you are called to be the General RS President someday.

Sarah Lee said...

right now i'd trade ya... I feel very scatter-brained on getting everything finished up and ready for camp! It will be fun... once it's over.