Monday, June 9, 2008

Weekend

Well, this weekend went by in a blur! I got to go on a retreat with our ward Relief Society and boy was it fun! We went to a cabin in Midway to spend the night and get to know each other better. I had such a great time! Too bad I forgot my camera!!! I was also in charge of the food and left about half of it at one of the sister's houses! I didn't realize I had forgotten it until someone asked where the taco meat was! OOPS! Luckily we had some groups coming up still so the food made it up there and no one starved! I am such a space case! It was so beautiful and such a great opportunity to get to know my ward better!
On saturday I went to my friend Sarah's and learned how to save money on groceries! I am so excited to start! I will keep you posted on my progress. The website is called grocery smarts and it helps you know what stores have the best sales and what coupons to use from the sunday paper to get the best prices. If it works out well I will hold a class here so I can let everyone I know have a chance to save!
When I got home Jason and the kids were very excited! I was glad to be back too! We went to dinner and then over to a friends house to help with their yard for a bit. We came home and got the kids to bed and the phone rang. It was the Stake President making an appointment to see us in the morning. Well, of course we were nervous wondering what calling was coming next! Our ward had just split so there is a lot of reorganizing to be done! Well, the big news..... Jason is in the Elder's Quorum Presidency again! He is the first counselor and is very excited about the new position. We are having so much fun in our new ward and getting to know every one! Of course we miss all of our friends from the old 'hood but are very grateful for this new experience! We are so very blessed!!

8 comments:

Erin said...

I'm so jealous!!! I need a girly weekend BAD!

Kori said...

Lucky you. I am glad you had a good time with the girls. What a fun activity! Jason must do a great job in the Elder's Quorum or he still needs practice to perfect it, don't you think! ;-) LOL

Sonnie and Ryan said...

I am so jealous!!! I have always wanted to go on one of those RS retreats, it sounds like so much fun!! I'm glad you got to go! What is your calling??

The Thurber's said...

I wish our ward would do a RS retreat...that sounds so great. Congratulations on your new calling. It sure is intimidating getting those phone calls to meet with the stake presidency. i am in the stake young women presidency and I was scared to death to go to that appointment. I LOVE my calling, though.

Susan Catmull said...

It's always nice to get away and have some girl time and it makes it that much nicer to come home to your family.

The Harding Hive said...

Oh, I miss you Jessica! Especially being in the same ward with you. You are such a cutie!

Sarah Lee said...

I guess he's not doing something right if they keep putting him in there huh? Maybe he'll get it this time!

Whitney said...

I want a girl's weekend. Lucky you! Hey it could be worse than the EQ presidency, think Bishop's wife or nursery.