Monday, December 15, 2008

Weekend Get-a-way!

This weekend Jason and I got to go out of town for his company Christmas party. We drove to good 'ol sin city Wendover! What an interesting place to celebrate Christmas huh?!? We stayed at the Montego Bay and had a really nice room. The company payed for dinner and then we just bummed around watching everyone gamble. I even put 7 bucks in to the penny slots. Didn't win anything but had fun playing while it lasted. It was really nice to have some alone time together. Jason even said that Wendover is good for only one thing..........buffets! j/k he really was thinking what you all were just now! Get your minds out of the gutter!!! LOL! I have been pretty stressed out and this was just the perfect thing to get my mind off things. The kids stayed at my Mom's for the night and had a good time too! Now it's time to get back to reality and finish getting ready for Christmas!

9 comments:

Schroeder's in a NUT SHELL! said...

Whatever and where ever...if you can get away for a time to "de-stress" you can make any place good. I remember Gary and I went to Manhattan New York for a weekend for a recent anniversary...we stayed in a real DIVE...it was really bad..I can't even begin to explain, but we were together and had a great time...that's what counts!!! Get Aways are WONDERFUL!!!

Kristi Amasio said...

Hey. Anything that is away and a nice hotel room and free is great. It's so nice to have a getaway with the hubby without kids. We missed ya at church but glad you had a good time. :)

Brianna said...

You gambled in a penny machine..you are so going to hell in a handcart.... ;)

Erin said...

My mind definitely wasn't in the gutter as I'm still not sure what you were referring too...

Kristen said...

Cute blog Jessica! I love it when I find friend's blog - such a great way to keep tabs on what is going on. Sounds like a fun getaway - you definitely deserve it.

Anderson Family said...

Oh, it is always nice to have a getaway!

The Harding Hive said...

I am glad you got a get away. You so deserved one. And I am SO glad that your cancer is gone. That is so great. Jackie made sure to call me and give me the news right away.

Merry Christmas Jess. We love ya.

P.S. We missed you guys at the dance concert too.

Laura said...

Danny's work used to have a golf tourney every August in Wendover. We stayed at Montego Bay as well. They do have really nice rooms now that they remodeled. I'm glad you could get a way! It's always nice to do that.

The Thurber's said...

That sounds like fun! It sounds like a great place to get away christmas or not!!