If you're listening, if you're awake to the poignant beauty of the world, your heart breaks regularly. In fact, your heart is made to break; it's purpose is to burst open again and again so that it can hold ever more wonders. ~ Andrew Harvey
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Hiney shots
This week I get to do my thyroid check up to make sure the cancer is gone. I have a crazy week of being at the hospital. Yesterday and this morning I got a shot in the hiney. Boy, does that hurt! My joints ache and my bum is sore from the injection. Tomorrow I get a small dose of radiation and then friday I get the full body scan to look for cancer. Hopefully it will turn out just fine. The hard part is being in seclusion for 3 days. I can't be within 6 feet of anyone! So, I get to live in my bedroom. Jason even has to sleep on the couch. Poor guy isn't even in trouble this time! Ha ha ha! I am hoping with my time off as a Mom I can get some things done like, santa gifts wrapped, christmas cards ready to mail and my young women lesson planned for sunday. Oh, and I get to make some gifts for my nieces, I am making these darling tule skirts for dress up! Way fun and cute!! Hopefully I will get a couple of these done. I am definitely planning on relaxing too. Thank heavens for GIANT bathtubs to soak in! I will let you know the outcome of the test as soon as I know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Why can't you be within 3 ft of anyone???
Who is your Doctor? Do you get your treatments at the IMC?
Good Luck! Do you need anything?
That sounds very scary. I can't believe they let you do the seclusion at home. Do you have lots of tivo-ed shows to watch!
I can't be around anyone because I will be radioactive and if they ingest any of my secretions it could do damage to their thyroid. My doctor is Frank Gabor.
my goodness...you have a lot on you plate....that's interesting about the distance you need to be from people...I had never thought about that before. what are you going to do with your kids...I know kids, and they don't ever keep their distance!!! Good Luck...we will be thinking and praying for you...you're going to be fine!!!
PLEASE keep us informed! xoxoxo
Keep us updated. Lovey lovester!
Not fun! Well I am praying everything goes great for you! We will be bringing you dinner tomorrow around 6ish. I hope you guys like lasagna. Let me know if you need anything else.
Can you blog a picture of you getting the hiney shots? Seriously we are rooting for you!
Post a Comment